Monday, August 11, 2008

blogging virgin

I am new to this. How am I doing so far? My kids laugh at me for how technologically challenged I am. (They laugh at me for a lot of stuff, but not my jokes). They're teenagers, though, so it's to be expected. Maybe they'll learn something from the way I keep chipping away at it until I get it to work. At my age I have learned the wisdom of patience. I am even able to be patient with myself now. I hate a lot of stuff about this aging business ~ like how learning is not as easy as it used to be. My kids find it hard to believe, but I used to be a whiz. I hate that the neuropathways in my brain are now set in cement ~ or maybe it's sludge. But I still wouldn't go back for anything. What I've gained is far more valuable to me than what I've lost ~ mostly, myself! So, this isn't so hard. I talk to myself a lot, and this isn't so different from that (ha ha) except the words come out my fingertips instead of my mouth. My main reason for starting a blog is to support my art activities. I still have to figure out how to do that, the adding pictures, links, etc., but I will figure it out ... eventually.

No comments: