Sunday, November 15, 2009

Elf obsession

I just love taking cute vintage photo people and dressing them as elves for my original design Christmas cards. So when I saw these 3 boys as a freebie on Terri Kahrs' blog http://pringlehill-terri.blogspot.com/  I couldn't wait to "elvify" them. Thanks Terri! (You should visit her site. Tons of cool art and cute/fun freebies)  The boys outfits and expressions are so perfect for this.  So here is the result, plus a few more examples.  The 2nd one is from a childhood pic of my brother and me.  He was in just his underwear; I added the vest and shorts, plus boots (from a c-free Puss In Boots story). I was holding a volleyball which translated perfectly into an ornament.  I wish I could be there to see his face when he opens his card from me.  (click on an image to see it larger)



1 comment:

Terri Kahrs said...

OMG! These are ADORABLE!!! You did my little guys proud. I'm always sooo happy to see what they do in their new homes and settings. Thank you, too, for the honorable mention! You ROCK!

Also love what you've done to alter the photos. Fantastic Fun!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo