Monday, February 7, 2011

Ever heard the word "numpty"?


I have gone "down the rabbit hole" as they say, and found whole bunch of fun and inspiring artists' blogs to follow, and have seen tons of fabulous, inspiring art!  I am thinking I may like to join the calendar challenge (on Flickr) I read about on a few blogs.  I am feeling so energized by what I've seen! The dilemma for me (and I wrote about it at length in my morning pages) is that I feel pulled in a gazillion different directions at once, getting nothing done, and feel a strong need to focus!  I am having such a strong desire to  have a crafting buddy. Maybe I should run an ad in the local paper!-lol.  I just need to talk to other artists.  I feel so isolated, and it's making me very unhappy.  Being disabled sucks! Fibromyalgia sucks!  I highly recommend avoiding it. (tee hee) Of course, the problem with that advice is: we don't know how one gets it. The artist in me needs support! I need to share and be shared with! My higher power willing, it won't be long now.  So, in my blog-hopping, I ran across a fun word on a UK blog: Pinkleart, and that word is "NUMPTY".  I've never heard it before, but I have a feeling I will be using it. She used it in the phrase "I am such a numpty!" I think it's like numbskull, or cotton-headed-ninny-muggins.  Her art was fabulous, but I did not see a comments button, so I couldn't ask permission to show it here.  So, I guess I'll have to show something of mine.  With Valentines day coming it is appropriate to show some of the Valentines I've made and have on hand: 

3 comments:

flutterbycrafter said...

These are gorgeous, love the use of lace. Your journal pages are fantastic. Why don't you join us on Roc's monthly challenge, as well as Kate's 365 Art calendar. You've guessed correctly about numpty, lol. E mail me (addy on side bar) and I'll send you some links to some fantastic UK artists which are truly inspiring. Many thanks for your lovely comments. Ann xx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely pieces and I too love the use of lace. I have def heard the word numpty LOL. Take care, Tracy Evans x

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Yes numpty is a comical word...one often used in our house lol.

Love your blog. You use fantastic colourways and I really enjoy how you write. I shall certainly be back.